OUR HISTORY

  • 1953

    The University of Bologna’s first musical group is formed, with about 20 university students participating
  • 1961

    The university Choir adopts the name Collegium Musicum Almae Matris
  • 1985

    The Orchestra is formed, with about 15 musicians
  • 1988

    Nasce il Coro da camera. Il Collegium Musicum Almae Matris si costituisce in forma di associazione
  • 1991

    International series MusicAteneo launches
  • 1993

    Premier of Klage Alessandro Solbiati in collaboration with the University of Paris VIII
  • 2000

    Collegium Musicum participates in the celebrations for Bologna, which is named European City of Culture for the year
  • 2007

    Start of collaboration with the Bologna Teatro Comunale, the city’s opera and ballet
  • 2008

    The women’s’ choir is formed
  • 2011

    Collaboration with the Accademia Filarmonica for the premier of the cantata La vera storia del Va Pensiero by Azio Corghi
  • 2013

    Start of collaboration with the Teatro Duse
  • 2015

    Performance in Piazza Maggiore of a symphony composed and conducted by Ezio Bosso in honor of the University of Bologna’s global “ReUniOn”
  • 2016

    Performance of the opera “Dido and Aeneas” by Henry Purcell with soloist Romina Basso

TODAY:

We are more than 300, we perform more than 15 concerts per year,
and we are
a reference point for music in the city